aptasia outbreak help

ace1204

Market
Reaction score
Never had a problem with it before and now i have like 20 in my tank, ive got pickling lime but what is the method for that? Do i let it eat some of the mixture? How thick does it need to be? Anything work better? Ive heard Aptasi X or something like that is good.

Joe's juice is pretty good; w/ it you just put the syringe in the 'mouth' and then squirt a little of the JJ in there and they just explode--I'm sure it's the same for pickling lime juice

ace1204;305586 wrote: Never had a problem with it before and now i have like 20 in my tank, ive got pickling lime but what is the method for that? Do i let it eat some of the mixture? How thick does it need to be? Anything work better? Ive heard Aptasi X or something like that is good.

Aptasi X

Get a syringe and a needle from a drugstore. Mix the kalk/lime thick enought to be almost a paste, but still easily dispersed by the needle. Inject it right into the aptasia, quickly enough to inject a little before it reatracts.

Turning off all pumps and powerheads also helps keep it from blowing on your corals and stuff.
The aptasia x, joes, and other products al work similarly, so take your pick. I'm not sure one works better than the next, but maybe.

I had a small outbreak of about 5, and I tried the all natural way with a peppermint shrimp. It ate them all in one night.

mrs wages pickling lime worked better than boiling water or lime/lemon juice

I have had success w/mrs wages but still have a few that I take care of when I find the time. But i didn't directly inject it i let it eat it and that took care of it quick. though, the only reason I don't inject it is cause I cannot find a syrenge and needle to inject it with.

I have always had good luck using Joe's Juice dosed right to the oral disk along with adding a couple of peppermint shrimp.

I've had good results with Joe's as well, but that's all I've ever needed to try.

the ones i find in my tank are too small for my bad eyes to directly inject so i use Joe's and have very good results with it. It's fairly cheap and it works.

I had some on a few pieces of rock, so I went and bought some peppermints, 2/$10, and they devoured all of it. I haven't seen any since I put them in so either they're eating it as soon as it grows, or they already ate all of it.

instead of a syringe.....an extra pipette from a seachem test kits works perfect

those are good but if you use those, make sure you cover the aptasia. The syringe is good if you're injecting it at the foot area...if done this way keep injecting it till you see the kalk solution shoot out of the mouth. it'll be a gonner then for sure.

As long as you have a real syringe you should be good. I still think that is the success with aiptasia X. I knocked the few I had out with a small sharp syringe and boiling water

I prefer using kalk paste because I'll cover then entire aptasia with it which will burn it up entirely. Merely injecting it may allow a few portions of the aptasia to break off and grow somewhere else.

Peppermints for sure! Has a very bad outbreak. Nothing was working. Got three peppermints. Cleaned the aiptasia out in a week. Still have a few in the overflow. One or two of my peppermints are still alive in their hiding places. Tank is clear after a year.

I tried the lemon juice and it worked on some. I had two or three that I just couldn't kill off though. I got some Joe's Juice and it knocked them out first time! It's great!

If they are eating them like that sell those puppies for some cash. Iknow I would take some for the work tank
down and outman;307329 wrote: Peppermints for sure! Has a very bad outbreak. Nothing was working. Got three peppermints. Cleaned the aiptasia out in a week. Still have a few in the overflow. One or two of my peppermints are still alive in their hiding places. Tank is clear after a year.

I've got myself 2 proven aiptasia eaters that have been in my tank going on 5 months now, what are they worth?

Back