aptasia outbreak help

Aiptasia X worked fine for me. Sometimes they come back if you didn't give them a good dose to begin with.

I would have to dismantle my tank to get to him. He lives in the bottom center in a cave. When I feed it comes out to grab some morsels. I'm sometimes lucky to see his front feet.

Let's not forget the lemon juice -- it works very well, and what I like about it is that it tends to "cloud" around the aiptasia, making it let go of the surface (esp. when injected into the foot) so you can just suck it up with a turkey baster.

I have heard that you can add glycerine (also called glycerol) to it to increase the viscosity, which I intend to try.

ace, i bought a peppermint yesterday to take down the few aptasia's i have in my tank. the shrimp seems pretty shy, i try to get a good glimpse of him once every other hour or so, but he stays hidden. well i went to feed everyone about 20 mins ago, and it looks like hes eaten atleast 3 aptasias that i know of, and only has 2-3 more to go then ill have no need for him. you want him?

My peppermints seem to be nocturnal. They are visible during the day under their rock, but at night time they're out and about scouring the tank.

ill check for him tonight, i figured he was just hiding from my 2 skunk cleaners that are like twice his size. figured hed come out with time

I've had mine since around October when I first noticed some aiptasia on a new piece of rock. Got 2/$10 at the LFS and they went to work. They're kinda creepy because you can see them, but they look solid black in the shadows, then they reach out for a bit of food floating by and it's blood red; that coupled with the nocturnal behavior makes me believe they're vampires, and it's only a matter of time before they figure out how to escape and take me for my blood.

Yeah my peppermints are always out and about as soon as the lights go out. They are ther ones that finish off all the snails that fell and couldnt right themselves during the day since I have no apitasia. I have gieven up on flopping over the snails everyday.

MustangCaleb;310321 wrote: ace, i bought a peppermint yesterday to take down the few aptasia's i have in my tank. the shrimp seems pretty shy, i try to get a good glimpse of him once every other hour or so, but he stays hidden. well i went to feed everyone about 20 mins ago, and it looks like hes eaten atleast 3 aptasias that i know of, and only has 2-3 more to go then ill have no need for him. you want him?

Yeah man ill take him and then pass him on to the next when in need lol

ace1204;310608 wrote: Yeah man ill take him and then pass him on to the next when in need lol

ill give him a few more days then hopefully i can catch him without having to take the rock out

i think hes just about got every little bit out of my tank, but i saw it looks like you will be getting rid of the tank soon right? do you still want him?

32509002.jpg
alt="" />

Back