Aptasia Suggestions and Experience Please

Several reefers on another site are experimenting with 1w lasers to cook them through the tank. Takes about 60 seconds. Basically a high powered laser pointer (safety glasses recommended) starting around $150. search on the tube for laser aiptasia.

Jonathan

I went the way of the matted filefish. Been in there about 2 days now, still settling in. Keeping my fingers crossed....

outdrsyguy1;985044 wrote: I went the way of the matted filefish. Been in there about 2 days now, still settling in. Keeping my fingers crossed....

Keep us posted.

outdrsyguy1;985044 wrote: I went the way of the matted filefish. Been in there about 2 days now, still settling in. Keeping my fingers crossed....

Give it a couple a weeks, The percentage is high, that it will take out those pest.

well the matted file fish didn't make it. I drip acclimated him and kept the water constant temp during the process. Just never was active much. Not sure what to expect from them but this one wasn't a strong swimmer, got blown around in the tank a bit when he did venture out. I don't have crazy flow either like a lot of you guys so I'm guessing he wasn't well when I got him. It's the super frustrating part about supporting local business. Pay more, and no warranty. I really wish they would offer an added warranty option or something. I'm probably done buying fish from local stores for a while until they do something better. less money and 2 week warranty... done.

anyways, gonna try some peppermints and see how it goes. I'll update on whether they get eaten or do the eating!

Back