Aqua C issue

i just think its odd that a MAG3 would do this, its only 5gph more than the MJ1200. Have you contacted customer service for Aqua C? THey are great people and might have an answer for you.

Well I gave Aqua C a shot, he said it could be just that the tank is so new it might be reacting to the sand. ?! . Then I asked him what pump he would run and he told me a mag 3 on the remora pro and a maxi 1200 on the remora. Really!? lol thats about all he could help me with. :lol2: Atleast he was nice! ha!

I think i will try a maxi 400 or 600 to see how that does until I get it tweaked. Or, anyone think I can just use a valve to be able to adjust the flow of the mag 3?

glxtrix;36617 wrote: i just think its odd that a MAG3 would do this, its only 5gph more than the MJ1200. Have you contacted customer service for Aqua C? THey are great people and might have an answer for you.

I couldnt find a customer service number, I just tried the sales line and he said he could help me. Do you have a way to get in touch with them?

The way those spray inductors work- you'll want to run the suggested pump, so I would stay with the Mag 3 or MJ1200. I am betting it is soemthing to do with the water. Every once in a while, my skimmers goes nuts like you are describing. I just top off with saltwater and chalk it up to a water change.

A smaller pump may be the answer. The spray induction injectors on the AquaC skimmers works mostly on pressure. Look at a Mag 3 vs. a Maxi Jet 1200:

Mag 3 (10.5 ft head pressure max @ 350 GPH)

MJ 1200 (5.75 ft head pressure max @ 295 GPH)

The Mag 3 is capable of almost twice the pressure as MJ 1200! The higher pressure means more force going through the spray injector and may cause you to have bigger bubbles. Dropping the force a bit will likely reduce the bubble size.

Also think about flow through the skimmer. Going down to a MJ 1200 will slow the flow through the skimmer (by about 18%) resulting in increased contact time with the water/bubbles. Smaller bubbles and increased contact should give you a dryer skimmate...I think.

sammy33;36743 wrote: A smaller pump may be the answer. The spray induction injectors on the AquaC skimmers works mostly on pressure. Look at a Mag 3 vs. a Maxi Jet 1200:

Mag 3 (10.5 ft head pressure max @ 350 GPH)

MJ 1200 (5.75 ft head pressure max @ 295 GPH)

The Mag 3 is capable of almost twice the pressure as MJ 1200! The higher pressure means more force going through the spray injector and may cause you to have bigger bubbles. Dropping the force a bit will likely reduce the bubble size.

Also think about flow through the skimmer. Going down to a MJ 1200 will slow the flow through the skimmer (by about 18%) resulting in increased contact time with the water/bubbles. Smaller bubbles and increased contact should give you a dryer skimmate...I think.

Thank you so much :up:

Back