Aquarium Background

My 37 corner bow front has a background that has an aquascape. But if you look at it from the right angle it is mirrored.

Hey, I was original and painted the background burgundy. I have 3 show size fish a golden puffer, red coris wrasse, purple tang. 1 blue spotted sting ray, and 6 sm yellow tangs. Burgundy deff makes the color stand out, and believe it or not the fish are less stress then ever before. I can do water changes reach my hand in to move stuff around, and they don't lose their color as quick. Before this if I would reach in to clean my tank my purple tang would become into a ghost.

Edit: Oh, btw if you do decide on spray painting, make sure to leave all the doors open in your home if you do decide doing it inside your home. The fumes are toxic. Escpecially if you have any newborns.

This is my background on my 120 kinda gives it
021-1.jpg
alt="" />

Edit: what I was trying to say is it gives it a look as if the reef just keeps going .

Casper, That is nice. I wish I had done that. Mine is rollered flat black. I tried film, but salt creep was a constant battle. Dave

I originally used a piece of black vinyl. Apply, squeegee out the airbubbles, and you have a nice looking background. After a year or so...unless you are scraping the back, all you'll have is purple anyway.

I went to an ACE Hardware in Tucker and they sell plexiglass and will cut it for you. Made a real nice black background cover. Not expensive either. Better than paint i think. The had several other colors, a semi-transparent, dark blue and light blue translucent.

I have made several sumps and used and old aquarium but all the baffles and internals are plexiglass from ACE. They cut it all, bout 10 pieces for me for nothing.. If they have the time they dont seem to mind.

Just draw it up what you want.. and its a heck of alot easier than doing it yourself.

I am so smart:yay:

Back