Aquarium Schmo's 20 Gallon Mixed Reef

1) Bought a few acros and a pink hammer
2) Fragged and moved some corals
3) Added a magnetic frag rock on the back wall and moved the starburst montipora to it
4) Upgraded lighting to an 18" SB Reef Light and removed the single bulb T5 light
5) Setup dosing with a Kamoer X1 and DIY VOSS water bottle
6) Removed all chaeto as it was looking really nasty

IMG_20190402_201151[1].jpg

Please show me how to build my own tank stand lol

I way over engineered my stand following the video instructions of The King of DIY on YouTube.; had to get a neighbor to help me bring it upstairs because it was so heavy.

Water is about 8.34 pounds per gallon (plus the aquarium and rocks), so for a 30 gallon, if you have something that a couple of people could stand on safely, it will do. If you use a cheap side table, you might want to reinforce it with some wood though.

I way over engineered my stand following the video instructions of The King of DIY on YouTube.; had to get a neighbor to help me bring it upstairs because it was so heavy.

Water is about 8.34 pounds per gallon (plus the aquarium and rocks), so for a 30 gallon, if you have something that a couple of people could stand on safely, it will do. If you use a cheap side table, you might want to reinforce it with some wood though.
Thanks will do

I'm loving the hammer! I bet that ads a lof of movement in that area. Everything looks peaceful, so pretty. Where did you get your magnet rock for the back?

I'm loving the hammer! I bet that ads a lof of movement in that area. Everything looks peaceful, so pretty. Where did you get your magnet rock for the back?

Bulk Reef Supply, search for Reef Rax. I'm thinking about buying one more to put another acro on.

Thanks! I was thinking of putting a plateing coral on one so when it comes time to frag it I can just take it out and do it easier.

June update:
This tank has evolved over the last few months into an SPS dominate tank. I think the light must be too bright, because soft corals and LPS just don't open up as much as they do in my other tank.

Back