Aquarium Water Testing Results

jonathan

Market
Reaction score
I wanted to try the above service to qualify my home testing. I received the two sample bottles 3 days after placing the order and sent them back the next day via the prepaid USPS packaging. The findings (6 page PDF) email was received 2 days later. Everything went smooth and I will probably use them again.

Does anyone have any feedback on the below ratings? This is a c&p from the first page of the report. I may dial my calcium reactor back a tad due to the Ca result. The copper level definitely concerns me. I have started running carbon in a phosban reactor to get the level down.

I currently have a small issue with cyano. Everything appears fine other than that. I appreciate any and all feedback!

Thanks,

Jonathan

Ammonia (NH3-4) ........................Good ............................. 0.020
Nitrite (NO2)................................Good ............................ 0.008
Nitrate (NO3)...............................Good .............................2.5
Phosphate (PO4) ..........................Good ........................... 0.04
Silica (SiO2-3) ............................. High..............................0.9
Potassium (K) .............................. High............................ 476
Calcium (Ca)................................ High............................. 453
Boron (B) .................................... High............................ 10.3
Molybdenum (Mo)......................... High...............................0.3
Strontium (Sr) .............................Good ..............................7.7
Magnesium (Mg) .......................... High............................. 1463
Iodine (I¯)................................... High.............................. 0.24
Copper (Cu++) ............................ High.............................. 0.05
Alkalinity (meq/L).........................Good .............................. 2.66

a>

They are ok, at first they had many issues. might as well do it yourself, though.

I would touch your calcium. looks good. The onlt number that I would be concerned with is nitrate, but that's too high for me.

phosphates a tad bit high. nothing otherwise that I would mess with, at all. nothing.

Yeah, It says Mag is high and calc is high, but those numbers look great to me. I wouldn't mess with the calc or mag numbers.

Back