ARCREEF PINK FUSION & PURPLE HELIX CORALLINE ALGAE IN A BOTTLE

tonytran509

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone used it before and if it has worked for you... so many mixed reviews online.... since the new tank is now stabilized and parameters are looking good im thinking of grabbing a few bottles and dumping it in... said it was fish and reef safe so i think i should be fine with all the corals and fish in there.... i know a lot of ppl do it at beginning of cycle is it too late?

I used purple helix when I started my tank didn't see a noticeable difference ie. No instant Coraline growth im just starting to see spots now. I bought a snail from PetSmart with Coraline growth and scraped the shell before putting him in if I were to buy something I would get the scraping from fish of hex or from someone local that has good growth

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

To add to the confusion, I bought a bottle of both pink and purple when I was battling dinos and had no coralline growing. Those two bottles, vibrant, and then turning uv on a day later no more dinos and I started getting coralline growing all over my tank. So, I do think it works. I also agree that you could get it from other sources cheaper and easier.

Hey Tony! Why buy that when you can get it for free? I’m sure one of your many friends on here would be quite happy to give you scrapings out of their tanks. @Steve Burton gabe me scrapings out of one of his tanks. I’m just waiting for it to start showing up.

It will grow once your tank matures. I never purposefully added any to any of my tanks- it came in as a spot on a snail or a frag and spread throughout my systems when my tanks were stable- pH and alkalinity etc. It will grow to the point of nuisance level, which is great for the urchins :).

the algae looks cool but some people, including myself, find them a nuisance. difficult to clean when they are on your glass, specially in hard to reach places.
Yes, I felt bad after asking Steve if I could have some. I had NO IDEA how difficult it was going to be for him to get me some. The stuff is like steel plating. I like the way it looks though.

Back