Arduino Controller

jbdreefs

Market
Reaction score
Has anyone succesfully made a reef controller using arduino? From the research I've done, I have let to see a clear and concise thread that was complete enough to follow. Generally, a lot of people get involved in the threads that I've reviewed and many ideas are thrown around which makes the water muddy.

I'm hoping to find someone to work with me (provide guidance) as I make a controller.

I had a pdf file for a reef controller. I'm pretty sure the name was krusduino. It was named after a clownfish. The documentation was great and to the point, not like most of what is out there.
I was following the hydra project at RC but like you said to much muck.
I plan on building a controller with led and control and temp readout at least...soon
Terry

I bough most of what I needed months back for a controller arduino powered. But like you said a lot of mudd in the content. I have been kinda lazy with it. Finally at the point where I may have time to work on it. I have seen wikis about it but the info is so scattered it reads like old stereo instructions.

The best thing I've seen do far as the power outlets of the controller is a DJ power strip taken apart and a relay added in to each outlet.

I can understand all yhr wiring the only part I'm not the greatest on is the programming language. I took basic and vbasic at tech school 10 years ago but if you don't use stuff like they on a regular basis you forget it

When I was reading up on it, I found a great tutorial that included programming. It was a guy from an ivy league school, or MIT, etc. The you tube videos were very informative but it takes a while to get through them all. I'll post a link if I can find it again.

Back