Artificial inserts

elithelion

Market
Reaction score
So I've been wanting to set up a small tank in my bedroom, but don't want to worry about constantly checking the params, expensive lights, filtration, etc. What do you guys think about doing like a 10gal standard, with a artificial insert and either a hob protein skimmer, or hob filter. Water changes would be key, but do you think that's an okay route for a pair of clowns?

A tank that size with a good hob filter and routine maintenance should suffice

MorganAtlanta;1064298 wrote: 15 or 20 might be better, especially if you are going to take space internally for a filter

Got a 20gal long. Should be perfect

ElitheLion;1064302 wrote: Got a 20gal long. Should be perfect

I have a pair of clowns in a 20 gallon long. They've been in that tank for 2 plus years now, no problems. I have HOB that has the refillable filter cartridge, I just went to Hobby Lobby and purchased some polyester filler in a large box, enough to last me a lifetime. I place other media like Seachem Matrix carbon, etc. in a filter bag and drop it in. I also have a small air pump just in case the top two filter rollers don't aerate enough.

I got tired of the expense of purchasing HOB filter cartridges and decided to go this new route. Glad I did.

Wannabee

Back