Atilla: Update

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
Since I didn't find any takers for Atilla, my now 6" with 3X2" claw Florida Rock Crab, I am going to make him his own tank out of a 30GAL I have sitting around. He molted again this weekend and keeps getting bigger and bigger. Anyone know how long a crab can live? He is a blast to have around but he eats like a pig and would definitely take your finger off if he got the chance. Here are a few pics I took last night.

http://www.flyingarmy.com/Temp/Atilla1.JPG" alt="" />

[IMG]http://www.flyingarmy.com/Temp/Atilla.JPG" alt="" />

I know lobsters can live for decades, but no definitive knowledge on crabs plus I'd imagine it varies from species to species anyway.

Food wise, have you been to the Asian/Mexican grocer on Spring Street just outside the Perimeter off 41? Great place for cheap, fresh seafood to feed him.

I wish i had a fuge large enough for him, that guy is a blast to see in person. I'ld imagine he could live pretty long given the water conditions and food arrangments are right, which they obv. are seeing how big hes gotten.

George;44803 wrote: I know lobsters can live for decades, but no definitive knowledge on crabs plus I'd imagine it varies from species to species anyway.

Food wise, have you been to the Asian/Mexican grocer on Spring Street just outside the Perimeter off 41? Great place for cheap, fresh seafood to feed him.

Nope..but I'll definitely have to check it out. Need some more seafood for the fish/corals too! Thanks for the info!

This is one of those critters that deserve a tank to call their own. Excellent looking crab with lots of personality.

I'd love to put it in my prop tank... but I'd be concerned with it eating my frags!

flyingarmy;44810 wrote: Nope..but I'll definitely have to check it out. Need some more seafood for the fish/corals too! Thanks for the info!

Spring Road and Campbell Road just west of the 41/285 interchange.

That looks like a stone crab. If it is you take take one claw at a time and he will grow it back. Great eating!

Joe:D

I think that'll be a fun tank. If you change your mind, I do have a 58-gallon mantis shrimp-free fuge that he can go into.

Back