Atlanta's Largest Single Bubble Algea!!

Man I am all for leaving it there.....the thought of tearing down the rocks is making me ill....I HATE screwing with that..It never looks right and then my hands never leave the tank.

maybe this weekend, I may might the bullet.

I say a combination of the baggie and syphon method would be best, although I'm invisioning 3 hands to pull this off, LOL

That is a monster for sure. Someone really needs to get over there with a video camera and document this. LOL. Good luck. :)

Too late...it burst today!! of course I am in Jackson, MS and Rogers,AR till Thursday....Here's the rule...whenever you leave town SH-T ALWAYS happens!!!

I am screwed....I will now have Atlanta's largest Bubble algae population...anyone want some pretty algae in a few weeks...

That sucks, we can celebrate together I have TONS of babies but they haven't grown yet.

There has to be some kind of radical control mechanism for this stuff beyond emeralds and manually pulling this stuff. Maybe a way of injecting it....

I know kalkwasser will do it in, but I don't know if injecting it with the stuff would work. It might need prolonged exposure.

Yeah, but it would be hard to make sure to get all the spores because it would most likely won't get them all.

That still most likely will not get rid of all of the spores but it would be better than no water change. What I don't get is how do Emerald Crabs eat them without popping them? Thats not possible?

I have never seen mine eat the couple small ones I have in the tank. I think they just mow them down when the are still tiny which is why they have limited success against it.

I am not sure this is a good idea, but it might work. Chemiclean could beat the spores into submission especially if you follow with a couple big water changes.

The emeralds do break the bubble algae. But if you have the right water conditions (low nutrients) the spores won't spread too bad. We had a big outbreak a few years back after starting the tank. Got a few emeralds, did some siphoning, but they really didn't go away until the cycle was 100% complete and the tank was stable for a few months. Nuisence algae will only grow if the water conditions permit it.

Seedless Reefer;53597 wrote: Ya know if I had a dollar for every time I heard that.............

You'd have a negative balance in your bank account?

(j/k)

hahahahahahaha ... I get to post in the forum 'cuz I'm home sick and you can't stop me!!

okay, okay.... I suppose I could do SOME laundry...

Xyzpdq0121;55657 wrote: Ya 90% WC on a 90 gallon tank with a 300 gallon sump?!? 360gallon water change!!!!
Probably get arrested with the water situation where it is.

washowi;55371 wrote: Too late...it burst today!! of course I am in Jackson, MS and Rogers,AR till Thursday....Here's the rule...whenever you leave town SH-T ALWAYS happens!!! ...

Bummer!:yuk: :sick: :yuk:

Todd, please let me know if there's anything that you'd like me to do to help since I live closeby.

Bob

Yeah... let me know if you need someone to babysit some of those corals while you work on the upcoming outbreak... especially that purple one you posted earlier.

Interesting is your take on the natural environment in an aquarium, what will you do if you get a huge outbreak of the stuff? Leave it and let it work itself out? Oddly bubble algae isn't all that ugly, but I haven't seen a tank overgrown with it.

Back