ATO systems

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
I have a XL 200 Red Sea.
want to update ATO . What is everyone using that is safe

There are reasons it’s #1 in the market segment. I’m sure others will weigh in -

I have a Tunze 3155 on my 210, and Reef Breeder's Prism ATO on my Frag and nano tanks.

I did *not* have a good experience with the Osmolator Nano (3152) for my smaller tanks, I had two fail one after the other within 6 months. I *love* the 3155 though on my big tank.

Thanks, how is the Reef Breeder's Prism ATO holding up

Tunze 100%. Never had an issue with it. I ran a JBJ ATO and it was ok but I’d choose the Tunze over it.
If you have an Apex a break out box is a super easy way to run an ATO and you can set as many floats as you’d like to be comfortable.

I have a Tunze 3155 on my 210, and Reef Breeder's Prism ATO on my Frag and nano tanks.

I did *not* have a good experience with the Osmolator Nano (3152) for my smaller tanks, I had two fail one after the other within 6 months. I *love* the 3155 though on my big tank.
In what way did the nano fail? I have both and just got the nano for a QT tank and wondering what i should look out for if it fails

In what way did the nano fail? I have both and just got the nano for a QT tank and wondering what i should look out for if it fails
There are reasons it’s #1 in the market segment. I’m sure others will weigh in -

Tunze only works if the ATO water supply is less than 8 feet away.

Gravity feed RO to a float valve in the sump with 1/4" tubing. Get a normally closed solenoid with stainless internals and use a timer, or apex in my case, to turn it on for 5 minutes 2 or 3 times a day.

No pumps, no sensors, small tubing to limit flow and if it all fails its safely off.

On the Nanos, either the controller or switch gave out. The pumps were still fine, as I was able to test/re-task them.

The Tunze 3155 $200 one is fantastic though and has been amazing for me.

Thanks, how is the Reef Breeder's Prism ATO holding up

The Reefbreader's Prisms have been good so far, no complaints. *However*, I'll need them running for a longer period of time before I can feel solid recommending them. I didn't want to spend $200 per tank for my other tanks ATOs, so was looking for something sub $100. The Prism had the least bad reviews of that price range, and so far has worked well.

I've had a Tunze Nano fail due to controller not supplying enough juice to the pump, wouldn't pump high enough to fill the tank from the floor, but worked fine if I raised the reservoir. Pump worked fine on a 3155. I did acquire used though and used for 6 months or so on my frag tank before discovering the deficiency when switching it to another tank, so no idea how old it was.

Thanks for all the replies. Has anyone ever had any experience with Reefloat ATU Pro 3
They are out of UK. I can have one shipped to my door at a reasonable price.?

I wish you the best of luck with that Duetto, I just requested my second replacement pump in 25 days. After doing a search I found I’m not alone on this joy ride.

I was lucky enough to score a Spectrapure and that thing s bulletproof. I think it’s never considered due to cost but it’s probably the best.

Back