ATO systems

reef breeders prism they are affordable. I was told by Scott on here about it. I was not sure at 1st. But after several failures over the years from tunze. I tried it. It was on like $55.00. And that being said the pump is like $10 to replace. Extremely quiet and less mechanical parts to fail. So been on my tank a while now with no issues. I can buy 4 of the units at same cost as 1 tunze.

I was lucky enough to score a Spectrapure and that thing s bulletproof. I think it’s never considered due to cost but it’s probably the best.
Had a spectra-pure light meter on my tanks in 2006, loved everything about them. I think they were the first automatic water change device. They have since nearly tripled the price for the same tech and the service appears to have taken a significant step back, it’s a shame, they were the best.

adam m is right the older tunze were great. The new ones or 2 year old ones are horrible pumps make noise and they dont last

I've got 3 of THESE on 3 different tanks and have never had a problem...

I've got a Hydor smart level control on my main reef tank for the power outlet that can control any pump. I have a love/hate relationship with it... It has lots of built in protections so that it doesn't overfill the tank but that also causes it to beep and complain a lot

I've got 3 of THESE on 3 different tanks and have never had a problem...

I've got a Hydor smart level control on my main reef tank for the power outlet that can control any pump. I have a love/hate relationship with it... It has lots of built in protections so that it doesn't overfill the tank but that also causes it to beep and complain a lot
To piggy back off this suggestion. That ATO is essentially the same as an XP Aqua Duetto. XP Aqua simply rebrands and sells it at a premium. I’d be willing to bet they come from the same factory too.

Back