ATO with no sump options

donniea1800

Market
Reaction score
Hey I have a 50 gallon tank that is running without a sump. Yes I definitely would set up a sump if I had it to do over, but for now I have to run sumpless. I would like an ATO because I am getting tired and manually filling the tank and I will be going out of town soon.

What ATO would work directly on the tank with no sump? I looked at autotopoff.com and they have an in tank solution. Anyone have these?

Also what pump would i need? It will be pumped from the floor to the tank which is about 5 feet. I wanted to use a 5 gallon water jug for the container which will limit what size pump I can fit through the opening of the container. Anybody know of a small pump that may work? I was looking at the aqualifter but I dont think it will pump up the 5 ft to the tank.

Thank you.

Your best bet is probably going to be a BRS 50ml dosing pump. You can set it up to run with a float switch or estimate your daily evaporation and adjust from there.

The safest thing will be to run this on a controller or a stand alone ato system.

I think the max on the aqualifter is about 30".

I used a JBJ ATO on my old 36g and 5.5g that were sumpless. I ran an aqualifter for my pump and it worked fine but was only about 4ft from my jug to my tank.

You can always use a stand to raise the height. The aqualifter will probably work.

Back