Attn: Neptune Systems Aquacontroller users. DC8 recall.

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
DC8 Recall - IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE
re: Direct Connect 8 (DC8) Powerstrip

Dear Valued Customer:

We thank you for your support of Neptune Systems and your recent purchase of a Direct Connect 8 ("DC8") electronically controlled powerstrip for use with Neptune Systems aquarium controllers.

It has come to our attention that some of the DC8's metal enclosure has an inadequate electrical ground. This grounding fault may result in an electrical shock. We investigated this matter immediately upon receiving notice of this condition, and have instituted a safety recall program in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. There have been no reported incidents of electrical shocks among the approximately three hundred DC8 units sold to date. As a precautionary measure we are offering an exchange program for all current owners of a DC8.

If your DC8 has a serial number between DC81000 and DC81633, please stop using it and fill out the online form here. We will then send you a replacement DC8. With the replacement DC8 we have included a prepaid return shipment label so that you can easily return the old DC8. For those that do not have internet access you may contact us at 866-214-8728 to arrange for a replacement DC8.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience to you and we appreciate your cooperation. Your safety and satisfaction are the number one concerns of Neptune Systems.

Sincerely,

Neptune Systems

http://www.neptunesys.com/recall.htm">http://www.neptunesys.com/recall.htm</a>

Unfortunately, this includes me... :(

Good news is they are being proactive. Manufactoring defects happen, but some companies do not stand behind their products. Course the sucky part is getting to my DC8 to find out if I have the problem.

i would love to have one of these ac they it seems they have a very good rep and customer service think we can have another powerbuy the bigging of next year

Back