Australogyra zelli?

northgahillbilly

Market
Reaction score
I once had a large frag of Australogyra zelli, but gave it away when I broke down my tanks and went off to college. Its wasnt exactly the most stunning coral, but uncommon LPS are my cup o' tea, I expect I'm not alone.I was wondering if anyone has/had a piece.

Id love to find a piece locally if anyone knows of frags, or someone that might be willing to frag a piece.

Thanks
NGaHB

how long ago was that... I just did a search that said that they were in the threatened species list it could be fake though. And sopposly they ship really bad.

That is a branching favia I believe if it is then there was one sold on here recently I just remember because it was unusual

JC_k;976845 wrote: how long ago was that... I just did a search that said that they were in the threatened species list it could be fake though. And sopposly they ship really bad.
This was probably 7-10 years ago, I dont think it was threatened at the time, but it was still defiantly rare

adamdaniel210;976847 wrote: That is a branching favia I believe if it is then there was one sold on here recently I just remember because it was unusual
Cool to hear, Im going to have to do some searching and look for the post. Branching favia is the best description I've heard, this is what mine looked like

DSCN1578.jpg
alt="" /></a>

JC_k;977176 wrote: Very cool. Did it grow very fast?

When I got it it was pretty beat up, it healed pretty quickly and go to how it was in that picture, but it never really grew much after that, had it for around 2 years

I got it from what I believe was "the fish store" in Athens, I could be wrong on the name as it was a long while back. Ended up getting it for free :eek:

One of those I hate I don't still have after setting up a new tank

I'm sure if you look hard enough you could find one. I think a reason why not a lot of people have them is because they ship so poorly. That and they grow super slow.

Back