Auto Top Off Suggestions?

Camellia;985868 wrote: I think he's just saying get a Tunze and an apex to control it.....

$$ Ching Ching $$

Apex doesn't control the actual function of the tunze, but for extra redundancy you could have an extra float switch in your sump via the breakout box to power off the tunze (if it was overfilling) and also maybe set it to only be powered on once every hour or two for five minutes which is enough to handle top off and not long enough to let your pump run dry. Have to get a little more creative, but there's tons you can do.

Hmm seems complicated haha.
Where is the best place to buy stuff like this? I normally go to Amazon but is there somewhere with better service etc

Bought the Osmolator on Amazon. Should be here Sat. Now will try to check out the Apex. You guys are spending my money quick. ;-)

EnderG60;985788 wrote: In that case I would hire a very hot girl to stand by the tank in a bikini and top it off.

Didn't you mean "I would hire a very hot girl to stand by the tank in a bikini with her top off."

I love this osmolator. So simple but such an amazing difference to not have to always worry about the water level. I have these 5 gallon jugs that the pump fits through the opening of. I can let one get almost empty and just swap out for a full one. Awesome! Some of the best money I have spent

Am likely buying the Apex too. Love just how it controls temp, much less all the other stuff it does! Auto feeder will be nice, especially when away. And now that I have the Dropcam doing the job of watching and enjoying the fish it soon won't even need me anymore - haha

Make sure your water line (drain tube) is higher than then your 5 gallon bucket when full (gravity)..,

Haha,
Love my APEX but use Ehiem Auto feeder. I got it before Apex made theirs. I only use it when away, my fish eat out of my hand. If you do this you may not be needed but still wanted :)

Apex Gold package ordered!!

Let the fun begin.

I am at a conference this week and it is cool to login and look at the tank with my Dropcam from time to time too! :-D

Camellia;986722 wrote: Make sure your water line (drain tube) is higher than then your 5 gallon bucket when full (gravity)..,

The instructions actually say to make sure the top-off tubing is not in the water of your sump or tank - leave an air gap.

That way there is no chance of siphoning back of water.

You would think they would also include some kind of simple check valve to prevent that as well.

Ohhh yea. Excited!

987910=56499-uploadfromtaptalk1411867872157.jpg
>
987910=56499-uploadfromtaptalk1411867872157.jpg
class="gc-images" title="uploadfromtaptalk1411867872157.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

Back