Auto Top Off System Recommendations

ramone;175564 wrote: I think the siphon problem can be solved by using an aqualifter pump especially if it is higher than top off water. I will find out hopefully later in the day.

Let me know how that works... if it's good for you, maybe I could stop by one day and see how you did it (for reference)

How's the tank? Did you ever find your clown?

jtshack;175565 wrote: Let me know how that works... if it's good for you, maybe I could stop by one day and see how you did it (for reference)

How's the tank? Did you ever find your clown?
everything better, clown fine, if I finish my project today I will get back with you.

Just elevate the end of the tubing so it is higher than the water level in the reservoir. The water should trickle into the sump, that way you can hear it when it tops off. That audio signal is very important because it lets you know what it is doing, and if you hear it for too long a period you will be more prone to investigate for possible problems.

corvettecris;175440 wrote: Yeah, what KRB was listing is exactly what I was talking about. I have the same unit. I like it, but I'm gonna rewire it to have 2 sensors in series so both must be activated for it to kick on (to avoid accidental overfilling).

But as is, great unit, great price. About half as much as Tunze's unit.
i dont think there is a need to re wire it just turn the little float thing upside down i think all it is a magnet thats what i had to do when i did my diy one

oh yeah and i secont the jbj if not go to
a> they have good units too

Back