Automatic Feeders

jd22

Market
Reaction score
What is everyone using for automatic feeders and what are you putting in there? I'm kind of confused on what to put in there given certain fish needs.

I have a valentini puffer, flame angel, regal tang, goby, clown and melanarous wrasse currently in my 90. The wrasse, clown, regal tang and goby are eating ocean nutrition formula 2 pellets so not as worried about them but the puffer is only eating mysis really (he would probably go after some meatier pellets) and oddly enough so is the angel, he hates all the spirulina based foods I've tried so far. I'm going to try one of those frozen angelfish cubes. Bottom line is, I'm worried some of them won't actually eat while I'm out if I'm just feeding formula 2 pellets.

I use the eheim automatic feeder. so far has been great. I use ocean nutrition formula 1&2 mixed pellets

I don't understand why you ask the question you already know the answer to.

Which feeder is everyone using? My angelfish and puffer don't really eat pellets yet and therefore I am looking for other options to put in the automatic feeder.

Are people mixing foods to put in there or just one style of pellets in? I saw one person who looked like they mixed in some freeze dried food. Has anyone done that? Are there any other options out there I have not thought of?

Does that clarify the questions tqpolo? Seems like York1 got it.

eheim also has a dual headed feeder. you could use it and have one side filled with pellets and the other with freeze dried food

Why do you want an automatic feeder? I've normally only heard about them being used with fish that have very small stomachs and need to be fed multiple times per day, like Anthias, or Mandarin gobies.

Back