Bare bottom CUC

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
So I went BB on my new 20g and I’m looking for recommendation on CUC members. It’s a drop off tank so I’m going to try to put some hermits up top and some down below. I may eventually try and bridge the two areas so they can go from top to bottom and back again.

Really almost anything except things that like to burry like nassarius or fighting conchs. I vaccuum all my sand beds in my salt tanks and in two year tops, I usually am almost completely barebottom in my systems when I put sand in. I have hermits (both red and blue) they seem about the same although I bet they will all end up in the bottom of yours..No fear of heights. :) I stay away from snails that need me to flip them over. And since your system is new, start with a few of each and then add more as you have more algea to feed them. (in my 20 long I have probebly 5 snails and 7 hermits) Once my tanks reach a year I always add a pincussion urchin. The BEST in my opinion in keeping a very tidy tank... as long as you dont mind them eating your coraline too. This is just my opinion...

Back