Before and now

Okay thanks I will look into them. Could yall see that last picture I posted of the mushroom because an error showed up in my end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sica118;1038670 wrote: Okay thanks I will look into them. Could yall see that last picture I posted of the mushroom because an error showed up in my end.

never owned or wanted a mushroom so i couldnt say bud. there are some corals i tend to avoid for personal reasons.

5b5d130899bd4e46051d52ce3e13.jpg
alt="" />

I recommend you add more filtration than a HOB skimmer. Looks like a Remora, but I say add other types...

Good start...

Just my $.02

Why kind of filtration are you thinking Nickg?

I saw the 2 HOB filters and then gone... Am I correct you only have the skimmer?

Heck even a canister would help a ton. I see you have limited space with that stand. If you go canister the key is maintenance on it. And maybe a HOB fugue as well.

But with no other filtration you will need to do massive and consistent water changes...

Yeah I was using 2 emperor 400s and switched over to the skimmer

Shoot add one back. They really filter totally different things. In my opinion. But you know what they say about those....

Yeah a lot people have said go to the skimmer. But I may try both and see what happens.

Asterina - and I've heard the can munch Zoas. Maybe someone else can say if they've had experience with them being destructive.

Catgirl29;1039508 wrote: Asterina - and I've heard the can munch Zoas. Maybe someone else can say if they've had experience with them being destructive.

dying or dead zoa.

harmless

I think you should raise the lights also but 8" -12"is not necessary. 8"-12" sounds more like a preference. I would raise them up enough to blend the dark middle area in better, that could be 2"-20". The most important factor in lighting height would be par. What corals are you going to keep? What par do the corals need etc... but since you are new I would lean towards having the lights aesthetically pleasing through out the tank and when/if you venture into corals that need more par then you can borrow a par meter which would give you a better idea of your specific lights output at differect height levels.

I would add the filters back and run the skimmer. I had a similar set up about 10 years ago and it worked well. It was simple and inexpensive but looks good. Good job so far on your tank!

Well here is another update the tank is doing great! Through ups and down it is starting to look like something
30e4196c13a2d8a236b053af81ba75fd.jpg
alt="" />

Looking good. I'd black out the back with some vinyl or even the blue you can get at the big-box stores. I've taped it on in the past when I didn't have access to the back. It wasn't the best solution but it worked alright.

Back