BEST Aiptasia Treatment I have Ever Used.

Funny that this got bumped. I am planning on using some on some mushrooms and gsp today

Hopefully your Ace has it in stock. I had to have it delivered to the store. Took 3 or 4 days. The manager explained that they dont keep it on the shelf as individual bottles due to federal regulations similar to how they regulate pseudophedrine now. Apparently it was a pain for them getting customers to sign for it and a bunch of really shady people kept asking for it. Didnt have any issues ordering me some though.

Peppermint Shrimp is the best, took a week or 2 all aiptasia gone

thanks a ton for bumping this Ralph! Was trying to figure out how to kill aptasia and some other stuff that's going hog wild. I've had 7 pep's in my 110 for about 5 days' now and haven't seen em eat anything but i've still got my fingers crossed!

I have actually had great success with peppermint shrimp, but the can't get everywhere. Inside of my overflow and in my sump for example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried peppermint shrimp on 2 different occasions and they ended up waiting xenias and my hammer. :-/

Declanisadog;1029207 wrote: I have actually had great success with peppermint shrimp, but the can't get everywhere. Inside of my overflow and in my sump for example

I had great success in the past with peppermint shrimp myself until I had wrasses that like to snack on them.

My point was how can you declare something "The best method" if u haven't even tried the alternatives.

I've seen only one majano in five years. I am currently using it for green palys that I was stupid enough to put in my tank. I've used it for some other invasive stuff too.

Ralph ATL;1029223 wrote: I had great success in the past with peppermint shrimp myself until I had wrasses that like to snack on them.

My point was how can you declare something "The best method" if u haven't even tried the alternatives.

I've seen only one majano in five years. I am currently using it for green palys that I was stupid enough to put in my tank. I've used it for some other invasive stuff too.

Point taken, and I agree 100%. I had a mystery wrasse that gobbled down three of the first five I bought before the hit the sand. That's the reason I moved on to chemical warfare. I actually have one peppermint in my DT still, but haven't seen any aptasia for quit sometime.

Nothing beats a nice blue laser frome over sea's"burn em!" It's just another fun way to get rid of them

I use pickling lime as well. I make a thick paste and feed it to the evil things(make them close around it) then cover them with it.

Has worked great for me for years.

Also peppermints will rarely work unless the aptasia is the only food source available in the tank(which it almost never is) I have had success with them in a bare holding tank where they were rarely fed and new frags and corals would be put in for a few days prior to going into the display.

peppermints worked for me on 2 separate occaisions fwiw. they don't take down the huge ones though so i had to nuke with aptasia x. They can be trouble, i've caught them pulling polyps out of purple stylos on occaision. They haven't touched the lps yet or the acros but i have had them tear into an LTA once (they were totally starving as my tank was under fed at that time). I'll probably start pulling some out soon as i have too many. If i dump in extra food, or feed at night, they definitely slow down on taking apart aptasia.

Just dropped some on a patch of GSP that keeps coming back. Here's what the slurry looks like in the water.

aed18ab56f2f56f715cb0e6869be2bb0.jpg
alt="" />

Also, I have more Rooto and syringes than I can ever use. If anyone ever is in need, just give me a shout.

a bunch of peppermint shrimp are the only thing that has ever really worked for me

Why not just sticky this thread? Or do a write up and sticky it? We're still posting on a 6 year old thread, lol

Back