Best Coral/Marine Books (ID, Care, ETc...)

ghbrewer

Market
Reaction score
Been looking to get some books on coral and marine critter care, ID, compatibility (at least in regards to proximity), etc...

Getting ready to get all three volumes of Julian Sprung and Charles Delbeek's "The Reef Aquarium" as well as Julian Sprung's "Corals: A Quick Reference Guide".

Are there any others I should consider getting?

dunapyru.jpg
alt="" /> this book is how we picked out our tank inhabitants. It is awesome. :)

Also,

Is there a book or database out there that covers all of the designer corals that can be found in the hobby? Cool Zoas, Acros, Etc...

Eric Borneman's Aquarium Corals</em> has been the "go to" book for corals for many people.

I do not know of a designer coral ID book likely because designer corals are a myth. :D

Ringo®;945001 wrote: Coralpedia covers alot

Thanks, that is an awesome site. Little hard to navigate, but chock full of great photos.

stacy22;945002 wrote: Eric Borneman's Aquarium Corals</em> has been the "go to" book for corals for many people.

I do not know of a designer coral ID book likely because designer corals are a myth. :D

Thanks for the book reference. I do not know how to refer to corals that have all those crazy names (i.e. Fizzy Lizzy, X-Lunar Destroyer, Blueberry Fields, Etc...) other than calling them designer. I know that those are common names and such, just don't know the correct terminology I guess. Please educate me...

Best book ever. Jen Veron's Corals of the world.

I was able to spend a few days with him back in 2005. What an amazing human being. He alone discovered hundreds of species of corals. It seems as though his books (3 volume set) is hard to find for some reason and going for crazy money when you can find it. If you can't find a set and would like to look at it come on over. He signed my set for me, they are my most cherished books in my collection. I will never forget the many stories he told me, what an amazing life.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

The Coral Reef Aquarium: From Inception to Completion (Oceonographic Series) by Tony Vargas and Julian Sprung

twhaddon;945229 wrote: That one is a little bit expensive....

At least it is on Amazon, Holy Cannoli!

That is just about as much as all the other books combined! Must be a good read...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back