Best local place to buy clams....

Mine been with me since I started my tank. Also from cap bay and look just like yours.

Cappuccino Bay will be displaying more clams again in a week or so.
I have struggled with this for some time now and determined that; from now on most of the clams will be kept at our new internet sales location.
We feel there is little point in housing all three- hundred or so bivalves at Cappuccino Bay and have concluded that its just too risky with every one putting their hands in our store tanks all day long.(employees and customers)
The constant customer interactions with my blue lipped friends also stresses out them out ... having to close up a few hundred times a day in response to the non stop hand waving.
Sure adults and children seem to love watching the clams twitch in reaction to waving hands.....but think of it from the calms perspective!
We also have been finding 1cent copper pennies in the display systems far too often during the past year! (So hence the new out of public view clam policy.)
At the new facility :
All calms are kept in small groups and each group has its own self contained system.
This way the clams are acclimated as separate groups and problems can be kept isolated.
Over twenty separate systems will be deployed in this new clamtastic set up!

Local customers will still be able to purchase the clams from the website and pick them up at the store to save on shipping.

Look ahead to Cappuccino Bay leading the industry with our new clam systems

( my new live rock set up is looking pretty fancy to boot!)

http://www.cappuccinobaylive.com">www.cappuccinobaylive.com</a> and [IMG]http://www.liverockdeli.com">www.liverockdeli.com</a>
Jeff CBA

OMG they got some really large clams... Jesus... When can we actually buy these stuff? I can actually look at it and come by and pick it up at the store if I have it arranged???

Kalkbreath;55018 wrote: Cappuccino Bay will be displaying more clams again in a week or so.
I have struggled with this for some time now and determined that; from now on most of the clams will be kept at our new internet sales location.
We feel there is little point in housing all three- hundred or so bivalves at Cappuccino Bay and have concluded that its just too risky with every one putting their hands in our store tanks all day long.(employees and customers)
The constant customer interactions with my blue lipped friends also stresses out them out ... having to close up a few hundred times a day in response to the non stop hand waving.
Sure adults and children seem to love watching the clams twitch in reaction to waving hands.....but think of it from the calms perspective!
We also have been finding 1cent copper pennies in the display systems far too often during the past year! (So hence the new out of public view clam policy.)
At the new facility :
All calms are kept in small groups and each group has its own self contained system.
This way the clams are acclimated as separate groups and problems can be kept isolated.
Over twenty separate systems will be deployed in this new clamtastic set up!

Look ahead to Cappuccino Bay leading the industry with our new clam systems

( my new live rock set up is looking pretty fancy to boot!)

http://www.cappuccinobaylive.com">www.cappuccinobaylive.com</a> and [IMG]http://www.liverockdeli.com">www.liverockdeli.com</a>
Jeff CBA[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a plan... but one question... if I want one of the clams that has not had a penny stuffed in the tank with it, is it available for local pickup?

Xyzpdq0121;55023 wrote: Sounds like a plan... but one question... if I want one of the clams that has not had a penny stuffed in the tank with it, is it available for local pickup?

Brandon, it should be okay if it was a penny minted in 1983 or later.
:thumbs:

Good to know, Jeff.

I know I've been guilty of the hand waving maneuver, but only when I was planning to buy one and was testing for responsiveness.

However it has never ceased to amaze me how people in this country seem to feel the need to chuck change into any closed, man-made body of water they find. If I ever start a business, I'm going to just set up a fountain at the entrance to help with the rent.

Looks like the new selection should be great. I can't wait to see them.

ouling;54818 wrote: I'm not sure what is so interesting about clams... I had my urple blue maxima for over a year now and it havn't grown more than 1''. I don't really care too much for color as for size!!!! If you have 8''+ clams than count me in on the buy!
Get a derasa... he will grow quite large. Mine is pushing near a foot now.

Back