Best Nano Skimmer

bcrueter

Market
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been looking for a new skimmer for my IM 30 gallon tank. I have the IM model and am not very happy with it. everything i have looked at seems cheap looking. any advise? i know i really dont need a skimmer on this tank, especially since i do water changes every week. but i really like the way my tank looks with a skimmer on it. any advice?

Probably Tunze. Hydor has some new nano skimmers out, but haven't seen one in person.

Innovative Marine just released some new nano skimmers, the ghost series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I run a Tunze in my Nuvo 24, it does pretty good. Tuff to get a skimmer to work properly in the smaller tanks, especially if there isn't much of a bio load. Many do feel that they are not necessary.

Which IM model are you running?

well my Wife does not believe in light bio loads... and it may be plesibo effect. but I still think there is a differance. great advice tho, I havent looked into Tunze.

i dont know the model but its the larger one. i know that does not help much

im afreid to jump on band wagons....i want to wait and see what the reviws turn out to be on the ghost

Both the tunze 9002 and 9004 will fit the innovative 30........ I have used both and would go with the 9004. It work very well for me and I thought it was a lot easier to get it dialed in compared to the 9002.

I just removed my Slim Skim Nano from my Biocube 29. My bioload is minimal; I don't think I truly used it to its full potential.

Back