Best Small Aquarium

cameron

Market
Reaction score
I am toying with the idea of downsizing into a 20ish setup. If you were going to set one up and money was relatively no object (within reason... not 5k setups), what would you buy? Automation and low maintenance is the key.

cam i would get the new hqi nano sam has that thing is asume and i would mod the hell out of it drill the back and have a huge sump change the power heads put a ac change the skimmer and add a chiller if need be .you should go over to sams an check it out and talk modding with sam hes got a ton of ideas for it

If you do downsize, I'd like to ...... ummmm.... come over and sort of... you know.... *visit* your larger set-up and relieve you of some of the overcrowding....

(subtle hint)

As of now all the SPS and most of the LPS is spoken for. Sorry guys. Fish wise we can talk. Not sure what will make it to a new tank but certainly not the tangs. I haven't decided anything just weighing my options.

cam why are you getting a smaller setup you gonna sell the the 120 i hate for you to do that its a beautiful tank dude

i read that he is not going to keep the tangs. oh well.

but if you suddenly do i want the blue hippo.

hey cameron i also got a 50 dollar gift from my dad for ramadan so i should be able to get her/him.

dawgdude we all know you are going to be at his house taking all the good stuff.lol

and sal i did not forget you. you will be there getting everything. lol

diclaimer:i am just joking, except for you sal.j/k

umm you. lol you better be dawgdude. everything in his tank is top notch. one time before i ever went to his house i saw a blue light outside his house window and saw no car so i thought it was safe to go and look at what the blue light was and i see an amazing sw aquarium.

oh and just to add point to this post to cameron. why dont you get a 50g and make a 30g false back out of it just like your dream tank.

I have a 30cube and I like it... I have had 8, 15 and 25's but 30 cube is about the right size... also, I saw a nano in marine & tropical fish store, it was nice as well....

The 28g HQI Nano Cube seems to be a pretty solid tank. The lighting on this tank is pretty nice without much of a temp issue. I'm not sold on the skimmer that comes with it.

The Red Sea Max also seems like a pretty solid tank. The actually tank volume of the RSM is 29g but the total volume is around 34. It comes with T5 lighting but I'm not sure if it also has individual reflectors.

The 29g Biocube would be another tank I would look at.

dawgdude;92457 wrote: Yeah if you drilled the back of a 30 cube, but a overflow into it and then added a sump to get the overall volume up to about 50 gallons I think you could have a very nice system.

LOL. I found my self trying to do this with my nano cube, then I remembered that I went with the nano cube to have a complete system with less water.

The new Solana tank from Current is kinda cool. I like the looks of this setup and the HQI disco ball is just too hip. The built-in top-off reservoir is also a pretty cool feature.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
92568=5753-Solana_Aquarium_Stand.jpg
>
92568=5753-Solana_Aquarium_Stand.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Solana_Aquarium_Stand.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I'd say Mufret probably beet most to the punch

Now David why would you say such a thing? :D I guess you and I are aren't feeling the love from Cam!

Going down to a 20 is like going from a Suburban to a Mini, you'll miss the room. But then a small dedicated zoo tank would be really cool.

Problem with the red sea is that it only has PC lights.

Cameron,
Honestly, I wouldn't buy any of the all-in-ones again. IT's great for someone just getting into the hobby, but you could put together a much better setup. A 40g cube on a stand that has your sump/skimmer below would be much better.

I'll likely be selling my 24g Aquapod once I get everything reconciled into the 72g I'm trying to setup. I've got the 150w HQI lamp above it and an additional pump.

photo101907001ta6.jpg
alt="" />

Go for an complete system they have a really clean look ( no pipes, cords, etc.)
and you can make a DIY top off system.
keep the bioload low and cruise....

Back