best way to mount MH reflectors?

1mbrews8

Market
Reaction score
Ok, so i am about to set up my lumenarc minis over my frag tank and just realized I am not sure how to "hang" them.. they have a tiny hole in the middle of the top of each reflector, but what is the safest way to hang them? they will be going over the tank that is in the basement so it will hang from the floor joists above... thanks
mike

with a nut on the end? do they make tiny ones that u can get a nut for?? thanks
mike

1mbrews8;573890 wrote: do they make tiny ones that u can get a nut for??

So many jokes...:lol2:must resist...

How big is the hole? They make some pretty skinny eye bolts, just add a washer on the inside and shouldn't have any issues.

Is this an actual pendant, or just a reflector?

lol! everybody's a comedian! :eek:)

it is a small hole on the top of the pendant. i have several eye screws and reg screws that would fit, it is just a matter of "keeping them in there." it would have to be .....uh hemmmm, a small nut.... :eek:)
just wondered if there are any other safe options??
mike

thought of that...just trying not to "damage" the reflectors in case of resale one day.. will go to lowes tomorrow and see what they got! :eek:)
mike

Is the hole not threaded? Both of my reflectors had threaded holes, but they were pendant style.

no no threads..they look like this:
hoodboltsmogul.jpg
>http://moose.cc/uploaded/hoodboltsmogul.jpg</a>
u can even see the hole in the pic..

hmmmm. good thinking! ill have to check on that tom...just want it to be safe so might do both ways..
mike

Back