Better than ATI T5 bulb?

wannabeeareefkeeper

Market
Reaction score
Anyone attempt to use the new Giesemann Powerchrome T5 bulbs? How do they compare to the ATI T5's? Any personal experience with the new Giesemann bulbs would be appreciated? Have you seen better growth with the new Giesemann's bulbs?

Wannabee

I'm using 8 ati, 3 kz, 2 giessman and 1 ge.

How they do they compare? No idea. Seems ok, but they're "new and improved" and I know previously ati were kings of that castle. Adam from Battlecorals has been using a lot of the giessman bulbs and likes them. That's why I added a couple of them to the rotation

I have used the new Giesemann bulbs and I am back top ATI. I have a 4 bulb Aquatic Life fixture and I used a super purple, Aquable-azure, and 2 actinic blue. While I liked the color a lot I kept noticing my anemones were declining. The would shrink up more and more and looked very unhappy. I could not figure out what was wrong. Then one day I thought about trying to put my ATI bulbs back on, and immediately both anemones expanded out and looked great. I have went back to ATI and my anemones have been happy ever since. I can't figure out what the bulbs would be doing to make the anemones unhappy but that was my experience. I will stick with what works.

I just added them to the rotation about 8 weeks ago and can't see any difference in the corals or my tube anenome.

Back