I think I have Marine Velvet

As long as you can put a heater and some kind of filter and air stone on it (primarily for aeration) then it should be fine. I would prefer glass though for the sake of being able to observe the fish clearly.

Btw, I'm located in Snellville and can lend you a Hanna copper checker if you'd like.
I appreciate that, but I actually already have one. The guy I purchased my setup from had delta with ich, and I didn't know then that maybe I shouldn't take his tank and start putting fish in it.....

I would suggest a glass tank for observation also. I have a 29 long with hob filter with cycled media, Hanna Copper checker, CopperSafe and Copper Power all available for loan, near I-85 and Pleasant Hill. I suggest Hydrogen Peroxide dip immediately followed by copper in quarantine tank. Please don't delay.

Thank you all for your help and advice. I was able to get 4 of my 5 fish out of the DT, they got a 30min bath in hydrogen peroxide and are now in a qt tank with copper power.

Tomorrow I will try to get my last fish out of the tank, but she is small and wiley, so it will take some strategy.

Wish them luck!

Back