bio-wheel or fuge?

kevinbeth

Market
Reaction score
I currently have a bio wheel sump.I am kind of skeptical as to how well it works. Is a fuge really that much better?The sump i have takes up most of my 75 gal stand so i am not real sure what size i could even fit under it.Any rec or suggestions would be app.

A lot of people convert Wet/Drys and other bio-ball based sumps into a sump/fuge setup. Depends on how many compartments and how it is put together. Model # and manufactorer or pics would help for sure.

Its a tidepool II 26 x 13 x 16. I dont think there is much more room in it. I have a protien skimmer and a phosreactor running in it.

There aren't any bio balls, just a bio wheel and 3 trays with filter pads.I took one tray filter out and put in carbon.

The reason i was wondering was because i have red alg on my glass and and some on rocks.I checked my nitrate levels and they are at zero.My phosphate level is zero as well.I am not sure what i am doing wrong. I have one 4-5 inch tang and 2 yellow tail dmsls in 75 gallons.Does not seem to much to me but i want to add a flame angel.I am just scared because the junk is growing without the help of another fish

Def red slime. Maybe my lights are on to long. Phosphates are zero. And i have not even begun to try the kalv... stuff. I use an ro/di but i have to get a tds meter.I change about 5 gal a week maybe i should step it up for a while?

Back