Biocube owners

fener103

Market
Reaction score
I have begun helping a friend get her tank in order and am curious where you all are putting your heaters and what you are using. This tank is a 29. Let me know, Thanks!

I've got a 24gl Aquapod which I believe is simular. I put my heater in the pump chamber and it works well. Currently, I am using Matrix, Purigen and Phosguard. I am also using a polyfilter. I am sure you will hear various comments on what you should use and by no means am I saying these would 100% correct. Some use activated carbon, bio balls, standard filter sponge, live rock rubble, etc. It can be a bit confusing at first but you will figure it out with some help.

Good luck.

I have the heater in the 3rd or far left compartment. We took out the bioballs in favor of LR rubble and cheato. I also removed the filter and use my own activated carbon bags. Plus we have the skimmer. Its working out great besides the skimmer, which would be better in the trash. LoL...

Tyler

My lights kept the water warm enough for the most part, on cold nights I just threw a heater in the back, you can probably fit one where the water enters the overflow box though.

Back