Black egg crate source - Local or online?

Cook

President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
I've been looking for the black egg crate in full sheets. I can order it online, but the shipping is as much as the panels themselves. Where are other members getting theirs? Is there a local option?

Probably best bet would be Calsak Plastics in Duluth/L'Ville, but last I checked with them I think they only had white and metallic.

It's just polystyrene, so worst case scenario, you could always spray them with black Rustoleum. It's reef safe once cured, and a lot more scratch resistant than it used to be on plastics.

Source: I may have built one or two costumes.

I’m going to go to Optimum this afternoon, I’ll see if they have any.

fwiw,
Last time I bought any black egg crate we did a group buy and someone ordered online.
We split the cost by the piece and paid the person that ordered it in advance.
Here is one source I found after a quick search (not advocating them, btw).
The individual piece price for 2x4 foot sheets looks to be $19.33 each (for a 15 sheet order)-

Thanks @hzheng33! I called The Fish Store and they are out of stock, but they do carry the black egg crate for $19 a sheet which is 2'x4'. They are ordering more this week. I'll probably stop by there next weekend.

i may stop by too ive been lookin for somethin to cover my tank with as i want a wrasse or two down the road

Back