Black/White Clown dead...

thedeper

Market
Reaction score
Well I go and do my normal look see at my tank and there is about 100 snails and hermits all over it. No clue of what happened. Just checked my params last night and everything is spot on. All other fish (including a larger clown) are doing just fine, as well as my inverts and corals.

No real signs on what the problem was, only thing I noticed is that he was swimming very close to the sand, but not laying on it, and he was moving fast, but when the lights went out he went back to swimming around in the water column. This blows big time.

Hmmm I had one die from there also. I got another one and he is acting a lil strange. He does have ick but hopefully he will make it. I do have one of the original ones from the first pair that is doing great.

Nah, I mean I wouldn't really think it had anything to do with him I dont guess. I have had it in my system for like a lil over 2 weeks now. I'll probably just shoot him a PM and ask him if there was a reoccurring theme with that batch, though.

Yeah you should let him know. It probably wasnt his fault, but if he is notified or reoccuring problem (like this on may be) it may help him keep track of supplier problems.

thedeper;243192 wrote: I'll probably just shoot him a PM and ask him if there was a reoccurring theme with that batch, though.

It wouldn't hurt.

He was eating fine. Last night he didnt eat as much as he normally would but still ate food, both rods and some small garlic pellets. When I first received him there was what seemed to be some white spots on him (ich) but went away the day after he was in my tank.

I think you should really let him know. I'd got a pair about 3 weeks ago and one of them died of inexplicable causes... it just started acting weird and then he passed. No visual signs of nothing.

I got me a test for alkalinity that I had never tested on and it's on 4.0, so I don;t think it was that...it's really wierd, but I talked to Tim and he actually provided some good advise.

_D.

Yeah, I sent him a PM letting him know my situation and that I did not believe it to be any fault of his own, just wondering if there was a bad batch or what not.

I talked to ORA, they say that no one else has complained about fish deaths on the latest batch. I will replace the dead fish from ORA. PM me if anyone has had an issue within the past 3 weeks.

Thanks,
Tim

Thanks a lot Tim. Not only for replacing the fish (which in no way you had to do) but following through with ORA and seeing if there was anything wrong. Can't say enough great things about you and your way of business.

Back