Blue cloves vs aptasia vs mystic sunset monti

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
Who wins this one out? I've got a small rock with all three growing, maybe 3 small aptasia, 5 mystic sunset frags that encrusting well, and a small patch of blue cloves. The cloves are about to hit an aptasia on one side and the monti on the other. Another monti is about to hit a different aptasia. I always hear each will choke out other corals but what about each other?

I got a perfect example here for you.
I have one big aptasia and it's stuck right in the bush of blue cloves.

33kvjpj.jpg
alt="" />

Blue clove is also getting close to my sunset monti and you can see the clove growing between digi(?) frag.

bip4q8.jpg
alt="" />

Let the Aptasia eating peppermint Shrimp have at it!! that will eliminate 1 for sure!! lol
LOVE my peppermints

project1004;949277 wrote: I got a perfect example here for you.

33kvjpj.jpg
alt="" />

Blue clove is also getting close to my sunset monti and you can see the clove growing between digi(?) frag.

bip4q8.jpg
alt="" />
Very Nice colors Project!!

My money is on the blue clove polyps. Plus they will spread everywhere else in the tank. If you ever want to nuke the BCPs, PM me.

project1004;949277 wrote: I got a perfect example here for you.

33kvjpj.jpg
alt="" />

bip4q8.jpg
alt="" />

What kind of lighting do you have?

Oh okay just asking because the way the photos came out the colors look realistic

In my experience, unless a coral frag is very small, the blue cloves will surround it but not nuke it.

Aiptasia will sting and kill whatever they can.

The down side of the blue cloves is that unless the surrounded coral is very aggressive, the cloves will inhibit the other coral from growing over them, but they don't usually kill it.

I had blue cloves overtake a few zoanthid frags that only had a polyp or two, but they didn't bother established colonies, except for the odd random clove showing up between the zoanthids, but the zoanthids usually choked out the clove(s) eventually.

Blue cloves are a love or hate thing. No in-between.

Jenn

Back