Bluespotted jawfish vs dwarf lionfish Round 1 (of 1)

ChrisOzment;173252 wrote: Simon - you have a Male / Female pair, 2 in a large tank, or 2 in separate tanks?

Sorry, I should have been more explicit. I have 2 in a 300 Gallon Reef. They have split up and have taken a side of the tank each. Sand is Fiji Pink and is approx 3~4 inches deep. I've only had them a short while but they are really interesting fish working on building their homes all of the time. Both are eating mysis and plankton. I would definitely rate these fish for other.

Seedless Reefer;173139 wrote: Why on earth would you try to get store credit for something that was not at all the fault of the LFS? Telling the seller that he sold you a sick fish and having someone else pay for your own mistake seems wrong.

It doesn't seem</em> wrong. It is</em> wrong. I sure hope you don't try to get store credit for that fish. Did you bother to check compatibility guides???

http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/compatibility_chart.cfm">http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/compatibility_chart.cfm</a>

Live aquaria gives lions & jawfish a big fat N for not compatible. If you make the decision to mix two incompatible fish, then you are also making the decision to eat the cost of a dead fish. The only exception here I could envision was if the LFS encouraged you to mix the two fish (but I doubt that).

Take responsibility for your own actions.

In all fairness to the original purchaser, he wasn't ever considering returning a dead fish for store credit. He admitted his *live and learn* lesson and was passing the experience of his expensive loss on to others.

Someone responded with an obvious joke to take it back to the store for store credit. Someone else responded with what did not appear to be a joke but rather a recommendation to take it back to try to get store credit. That's when Seedless Reefer said *foul*.

There may be ARC members who deliberately cheat the LFS with unethical returns or falsely claim losses to online etailers, but CrisOzment wasn't doing that.

I hope the second jawfish thrives and that Cris keeps us posted.

Seedless Reefer;173139 wrote: Why on earth would you try to get store credit for something that was not at all the fault of the LFS? Telling the seller that he sold you a sick fish and having someone else pay for your own mistake seems wrong.

Thank you Loren!

Back