Bonnies 210 gall build

slayer

Market
Reaction score
why is it only the guys post their tank builds?? Well i had a tank that bonnie (bonniesherrie) brought from me and this is her tank build. I thought i would start her thread off by showcasing the stand i made for her. Its a 210 gall tank with dual overflows. The stand is super reinforced with 2 by 4's A little overkill, but its gonna stand the test of time. The following pics are of it in my garage, just the bare skeletons.

DSC02545Small.jpg
alt="" />

this is a pic of the stand with the top and bottom pieces of plywood in place, and routed for the overflows from the tank. I made a stand for a 10 gallon tank to sit on which will drain into the 50 gallon tank. Bonnie wanted a fuge and frag tank under the stand, and this is what we came up with. The 10 gall tank will house a euro reef cs. Water will drain from this into the 50 gall , which will become the fuge/ grow out tank. The dart pump will push the water back up to the main tank again.

DSC02593Small.jpg
alt="" />

we finally got it to her place and finished plumbing today. I even convinced her to let me to make a hole in her wall to run a 1 inch pipe into her crawl space. We decided to place an emergency overflow in the system to prevent any accidental floodings onto her hardwood floors if the tank was to overfill..
We ran a test today to make sure all was well, but found a small leak, it was patched and hopefully tommorrow her system will be in full swing..I'll let her chime in and post pics of her new setup....:up:

Back