Brandon's operation reboot 300DD

brandonmason

Market
Reaction score
Well I really thought long and hard about getting out of the hobby for awhile. And might have if I thought I could get rid of the remaining livestock to one person that could house everything. And before anyone asks I'm still unsure what caused the events. I've since noticed a bacteria bloom but no ammonia spikes. Only other spike was a ph bottom out but just the once. Needless to say I lost the following:

2 X yellow tang
Purple tang
Unicorn tang
Yellow watchmen pair
2 X skunk clown
1 X Darwin clown
1 X Wyoming white clown
Melanarus wrasse
Green coris wrasse
Solaris wrasse
Lubbock wrasse
Scott's fairy wrasse
Niger trigger
Blenny
Snowflake eel
Naso tang
Blonde naso
Diamond goby

5 anemones
9 different torches
5 different frogspawns
6 different blastos
2 colonies of Duncan's
Finger leather
Green toadstool
2 wall hammers
Bubble coral

Oz green acro
Red planet
Bonsai
Sky Blue
Tyree matrix
Strawberry shortcake
Walt Disney
Purple dragon
Purple silly string
Sapphire milli
Banana berry milli
Rose milli
Plum crazy
Oregon tort
Cali tort
Blue stag
Christmas acro
Del fuego
Setosa
Purple stylo
Starry night
Blue tenious
Joe's rainbow
Pink lemonade
Crayola Plana
500 efflo
Miami orchid
And many others

Only corals that have survived is most my chalices, acans, favias, zoas, and 5 acros. I've still got my dusamier, regal, vlimingi, chromis, pair of Wyoming whites, melanarus, yellow coris, banghai and pj cardinal. Also the crazy thing is all of my starfish survived (sand sifter, red knobby, blue linkia, fromonia, and mosaic tile)

With that being said I decided to spend Labor day plumbing the 300. Here's what I got so far

d11eb398b8a0daa519ddb0f3329c16ae.jpg
alt="" />
bcec761980560b3ceb380e4ee2989586.jpg
alt="" />
811d54f06147e3a2df26b08622816d32.jpg
alt="" />

More to come soon....

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Looking good, glad to hear you are on the road back...this place would not be the same without you and Connie...

Let me know when you're up and running, i have some frags to help establish your SPS collection.

This is great news.When your ready, I have afew hard frags for you as well. Don't worry, I won't make come to SC to get them:eek:

Fishlips;1096276 wrote: This is great news.When your ready, I have afew hard frags for you as well. Don't worry, I won't make come to SC to get them:eek:

"Afew" and frags should not be in the same sentence.

Wire management underway

925aa9250f94414a84b50fd884bc28f6.jpg
alt="" />

I like the way you used long slits like that, very clever!

Its good to see some still use RKE or RKL equipment. I have been running mine for many yrs. It just wont stop working.LOL

Fishlips;1096359 wrote: Its good to see some still use RKE or RKL equipment. I have been running mine for many yrs. It just wont stop working.LOL
I mainly used it just for temp and ph. I don't need something real expensive for those

Mine runs my whole setup.Most oh my equipment have there own control built in them .

Fishlips;1096364 wrote: Mine runs my whole setup.Most oh my equipment have there own control built in them .
Yea when all this was on the 210 it ran everything. Since this new system runs on fewer pumps I'm just plugging in my ato, pump, uv, t5s, heaters, fans, and fuge light

Starting to take shape

d9edbb9a56b430d3763eedb96e548ae2.jpg
alt="" />

I hope a standard 10 gallon can fit right there

4b1c1e6a21fd0373842c69064db62924.jpg
alt="" />

Still got to figure out how to mount my dosing pump, wire the t5s, install the fans, and wire in the last 2 wave makers. Then onto the DT.

The DT will be powered by 2 RW 20 and 2 RW 15. (Hoping this is enough) (I've got more pumps if needed but really like running less in the DT) Lighting consist of 2 photon 32s (rebuilt thanks to Logan at RB Which has great CS), 2 X retrofit 48" t5s between the overflows, and 2 X retrofit 60" on the front. Still got to figure out how to mount them all.

Any of you guys run a blueline pump? How much heat do you guys get from them?

Back