Brittle star strikes again.... and again........

jordanbevis

Market
Reaction score
So I have this brittle star.. he’s huge.. we’ve been on a journey man. He’s survived a tank crash with me, accidental poisoning.. BUT. He has eaten no one, not two... not three.... but SEVEN FISH. doesn’t matter if they’re big enough to fit in his mouth. He kills them, then eats, and leaves them for everything else to eat... just in the past few months he’s killed a 6 line wrasse, a Pygmy cherub angelfish, a royal gramma, and... wait for it.... a FLAME ANGLE. what!???!?! I have tried absolutely EVERYTHING to get this dang brittle star out of my tank short of taking it all apart. I was getting ready to head to Shacs today, and I walked by the tank and was like “oh my goodness, he’s halfway out of the rock! I went and grabbed some shrimp to try and lure him out (which usually never ever works) but voila! It worked!!! I took him out and threw him in a bucket and did a happy dance! Then I realized my flame angle had been strangled to death and was being eaten by the CUC.... but now the fish killer is no more!!! He is Shacs problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No actually, it’s the black one the pictures aren’t uploading it’s about 18 inches long from top to tip though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to rip all my live rock out my tank a week ago to pull my large serpent star out after i found her munching on my female clown fish . . . .bummer

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Hmmm... I have a huge black brittle star in one of my tanks. Prolly just as large as yours. I think I'll go ahead and get him out as I have lost a few fish mysteriously over the years but I always assumed that it was just natural causes.

Back