Broken Skimmer!

genesisblue

Market
Reaction score
Hey all,

My Coralife Super duper skimmer has developed a bad leak and I had to remove it from my 125 gal. How long can I maintain my tank while I wait for a new skimmer to come in? I have alot of live rock, 3 tangs (2 at 4-5in and 1 at 6-7 inches), 4 chromis, a mean ol damsel and few snails. Its been up and running for over a year now.

Thanks alot!!
Adam

Forever. Skimmers aren't a necessity, while it helps, it's not a thing you have to have. Just test the water and do water changes. Everything will be fine. And get rid of the crappy Coralife SS.

Yeah, you're telling me...I got the skimmer for cheap from the Fish store and more when they were going out of business and now I know why...

I've never run a skimmer on my 55. I can't say it's the nicest tank by any means, but I keep up with water changes and monitor conditions. You'll be fine for a little while at least.

I have no problems with my CSS 125. It took a while to break in, and doing the fishing line mod helped, but it already pulled a lot of gunk. I guess I'll have to get a pic of the foam when I can.

Oh, yeah, I wouldn't use the CSS without a sump with the microbubbles mine produces. My tank is not drilled and I have a sump...

Back