BRS dual Reactor setup

smallblock

Market
Reaction score
My dual brs reactor will be here in an hour or so. How many gallons of saltwater do I need to mix up to rinse the carbon and gfo. I will start changing the media at WC time but I just did one on Wednesday. So I'm trying to use the smallest amount. How much rinseing in gallons is required

I wouldnt' worry about it.. just take the outlet tube and make sure that it flows out into a bucket until clear... then put it back into your sump...

It usually takes me about 2-3 gallons total to rinse out both of my single BRS Reactors with new media. Mix up 3-4 gallons and you'll be fine. I would dump the discolored water myself.

You could also pour some RO through the filters before installing them into the reactor... I usually do that and then the bucket thing... probably redundant, but whatever.

Smallblock;634198 wrote: What????

with my setup, my GFO reactor is plumbed from a manifold on my return. I just turn on the line that feeds the reactor and instead of letting the "out" hose dump into my sump as usual, I run it into a bucket, when it's outputting clear water into the bucket, I move it back to the sump..

I then dump the bucket..

WOW - I just rinse the media well with tap water and let it rip...

gnashty;634222 wrote: WOW - I just rinse the media well with tap water and let it rip...

You can do that too. Just depends on what is easier. I use tap if I am doing a single reactor. I rinse with tank water if I do both at the same time and incorporate it as part of a WC.

It setup well and fits perfect in my stand. Also got the routing where I want it. I did one mistake though. When i was rinsing the GFO I turned up the flow too much and it shot the middle filter up to the top. Oh well guess it will have to run like that untill next time. Its really a well built product IMO I love brs

rbredding;634217 wrote: with my setup, my gfo reactor is plumbed from a manifold on my return. I just turn on the line that feeds the reactor and instead of letting the "out" hose dump into my sump as usual, i run it into a bucket, when it's outputting clear water into the bucket, i move it back to the sump..

I then dump the bucket..

+1

Back