BRS Items Question?

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
So I am jumping on this powerbuy from BRS but I am buying stuff I have never bought before and wanted some opinions.

- Carbon: Ive only ever known one type of carbon, black diamond. These guys have three diff. types and sizes: Lignite small and large and then the ROX? Is the ROX worth the extra cash....if not, would you use small or medium?

- GFO: Which one? Granules, Pellets, or High Capacity?

- PH pen: Thinking about ordering their PH/Temp pen.....great price and all their stuff has been good so I expect this to be no different but has anyone tried one?

- PH probe: Is the BRS brand one good?

- ECO Rocks: Thinking about ordering some of these as well.....has anyone tried it out? Do they look fake at all?

- Reef Glue Gel: Is this better than super glue because of the thickness? Does it compare to IC Gel or the purple stuff Tim has at Keen Reef?

- DI Resin: Any resin works with any RO/DI right? I have an RO/DI from water general.

Thanks and awesome choice for the Powerbuy by the way. These have stuff we all need almost all the time?

Ha! You asked about all the products they sell except for the ones I use. I use their Calcium, Alkaline, and Magnesium to dose my tanks and the real bummer is Bobz and I just bought another big suppy that we received on the day the Powerbuy was announced. DOH!

ha that stinks budsreef. I was thinking about ordering all that stuff from them but I have left over driveway heat so i figured id make my own.

thanks for the explanation ares: ill probably do exactly what your saying and use the small carbon in a media bag. I change my carbon about once per month on 100 gallon volume tank so Im thinking the 1lb will last me a good while.

As for the GFO, im still really unsure about using it but Ive got a very weird hair algae growing and some cyano and I have no ideas where the phosphates are coming from. I am definitely not overfeeding and my lights only run 9hrs a day and I've been doing water changes every 2 weeks. Anyway, I figured Id get the extra help and see if this stuff helps. I dont have a ton of corals so now may be a good time to try it.

Back