Bubble Tips Spawning!

Justin Ranke

Supporting
Reaction score
So late last night I took a look at the tank and I noticed it was very cloudy. I used the flashlight on my phone and I noticed the Anemones were going to town. Turns out they are boys haha!! Before this I noticed a few of the anemones were kind of bloated at the base and they were practically twisting themselves up around their foot.

I took a look this morning the water was clear and all of the coral looked fine. I am going to test my water later today and see if that did anything to the parameters. I was reading mixed opinions online that it will either nuke your tank, or that everything will be unaffected.

Have you guys ever had that happen in your tank? if so how did everything in the tank do afterwards?

Thanks!

Hey, how is your tank doing now? Did any parameters swing?
I have a rbt that was the size of a softball that just split into 3 lol.

Hey, how is your tank doing now? Did any parameters swing?
I have a rbt that was the size of a softball that just split into 3 lol.

The anemones looked a little upset the day after but I noticed no problems with all of my coral! Parameters look good too. I did a water change just to be safe but there were no problems!

That’s very weird. I didn’t know that anemones did that. Is that a common thing? Do they actually spawn? I thought they only split?

That’s very weird. I didn’t know that anemones did that. Is that a common thing? Do they actually spawn? I thought they only split?

This is the first time I have ever seen it. Im not sure how common it is but I have seen reports of it online.

Pretty cool. Glad it didn’t affect your corals negatively. I would imagine the water change was a good precaution.

Back