Bulb suggestion!

For a frag tank, I'd look at using the GE Starcoat 6500k bulbs. They are relatively inexpensive, available locally (check with Doug at Reef Tank Lighting, Sam at Aquabuys or E. Sam Jones) and produce all the PAR you will need.

I learned the PAR to lumens figure from Dana Riddle at the last meeting. I tried reading a dictionary once. I got all the way to John F. Randall before I realzied it was a phone book...

Still the best book I ever read...

I didn't here him say the par to lumens measure ment...got there after all the seats were taken so i had to sit in the back maybe didn't here that part

It was one of the first slides. I'd let you borrow my notes, but I can barely read them. This thread has most of them if you haven't seen it yet.
showthread.php

Yea i have already borrowed it couple of times but i would like my own personal one

jeep9783;81540 wrote: Even with single ref with 2 24w bulbs?

The single reflector will limit the effectiveness of the fixture if you will have predominately higher light loving SPS frags (should be fine for montis, LPS and softies) but you should still get decent PAR out of it using higher PAR bulbs like the GEs, URI, and ATI 6500 to 10,000k bulbs.

Back