Bulk reef supply customer appreciation day

4 years ago or so I ran into the Saltwateraquarium.com guys at Disney world. I'd not heard of their site and I had recently started to research setting up a reef. I chatted with them for a few minutes, they gave me a business card and email address and sent me a bunch of swag and gave me some loyalty points. I too buy from MD just because of the shipping, but if I don't need it in a hurry I try to show some love to guy SWA guys.

i needed some new ro/di filters, so perfect timing for me since its also 10% off. hopefully i get something, i never win anything :(
The 10 days of Black Friday has always been the best time to buy RODI stuff from them. I stock up for the year during that sale.

The 10 days of Black Friday has always been the best time to buy RODI stuff from them. I stock up for the year during that sale.
Yeah, I usually buy it during that time because its usually 15%-20% off. But I needed some sediments filters and the savings wasn't that big for a chance to win some money. Almost like buying a lottery ticket but better odds. Haha. At least that's what I told myself.

Yeah, I usually buy it during that time because its usually 15%-20% off. But I needed some sediments filters and the savings wasn't that big for a chance to win some money. Almost like buying a lottery ticket but better odds. Haha. At least that's what I told myself.

That was my reasoning exactly. Well, kinda. Honestly, I'd gladly take an additional 5-15% off a purchase but the few dollars I end up saving just isn't worth it to wait. This year I'll be buying bulbs because those are expensive and small savings really add up but I buy from BRS because it's so dang convenient. When I see someone like @Adam waiting to save a few bucks on filters I have to keep in mind that He has made more RODI water than I have this entire year and he doesn't have a tank, yet*. If I had one of the giant systems, I'd buy in bulk at the best price all the time. As my setup is now, I change my filters once a year and it's never more that $40 unless I'm buying a new RO membrane. Throw in the opportunity to get a gift certificate and I'm sold.

*Seriously, I make somewhere between 15-20g per week and when you account for a week or two skipped once in a while, tank-less Adam has made more RODI water to fill his water change system than I have this year.

Back