Bulkhead installation

chull13

Market
Reaction score
Dumb Question!!!

When installing a bulkhead the rubber washer goes on the inside of the tank right??? Is it true that I only need to hand tighten the fitting?

Yes and yes. Also, twist the side opposite of the gasket, or else it can twist or buckle.

You're correct, the rubber washer goes on the inside of the tank to provide a water tight seal. Usually, hand tightening is sufficient.

Miles

Based on a recommendation, I rubbed mine in Vaseline. Why I have that stuff, do not ask.

I think they were still talking about the gasket, Loren.... :)

Actually, the gasket goes on the side opposite the nut. Do not put the gasket on the nut side or it will leak. It doesn't matter if it is on the inside or outside, the gasket will seal correctly as long as it is not on the same side as the nut...

LorenK;129076 wrote: Based on a recommendation, I rubbed mine in Vaseline. Why I have that stuff, do not ask.

Always a good idea. (Note: Don't use the KY Warming Gel)

The best thing to do is get some plumbing lube from the pool store.

68926.jpg
alt="" />

The stuff works great to seal stuff! I actually connect spaflex to hard bulkheads with this and no glue an dnever had issues.

Alright---I gotta stop reading this thread. My mind is heading toward the gutter! (and yes, it's a short trip!)

I put a little teflon paste on the nutside myself. Do NOT overtighten if you do this. Teflon paste makes it very easy as does silicon.

Back