Reaction score
Which type do you prefer?

Thread X Thread
Slip X Slip
Slip X Thread (Slip on tank side)
Thread X Slip (Thread on tank side)

Thanks,
Colin
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/products/pumps-and-plumbing/plumbing-sumps-drill-bits-overflows-uniseals/bulkhead-tank-adapters/abs-bulkhead-tank-adapters/abs-bulkhead-thread-x-slip-thread-on-the-flange-head-side.html">
</a>[/B]

All depending on what it's being used for. :) I have one of each at some point in the system. :)

Oz;428739 wrote: All depending on what it's being used for. :) I have one of each at some point in the system. :)

Drains and return from sump. And close loop.

Depends on application. I now use only sch. 80 bulkhead fittings due to the crappy build quality of the others. i have had several split on me.

Are you someone who likes to mess with your plumbing a lot? Or will you leave it alone once it's set? I like slip/slip. Glue on the outside so you know it's not going anywhere, slip on the inside for easy insertion/removal of pipe.

I did use a slip/thread for my return as I used clear flexible tubing, it was easy to get a male-ended barbed fitting and some tape and attach it.

I helped BigC07 install a corner tank and we used thread/slip because we had to glue the PVC on the returns. This allowed the tank to be placed inches from the wall with a street elbow, where if we had used the threaded, it would have needed an adapter, then an elbow and stuck out several more inches.

It all depends on what you're doing. They have their +/-'s.

I prefer thread x thread if space is not a concern for the ability to disassemble if needed.

The close loop, space is very limited. But the other the place that it is a problem is problem is inside the overflow.

I like slip/slip myself.... glued joints make me feel better. Although I have had success using them all, you just have to make sure they are installed correctly.

Back