Buying tanks craigslist

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
Who has done it? Advise?

Thanks
B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have almost been burnt more than once. Luckily I knew what to look for when I went to see the tanks. Most of the time they are all scratched up, chipped, cracked, etc... Not saying you can't find a good deal here or there, but you have to may have to sift through a bunch of junk first.

I've done it 3 times over the past 7 years. I bought 2 of them. You just have to do a very good job of inspecting.
I would suggest that you tell them to have it full of water so you can see if it leaks.
Also you will see if the scratches show with water in it, if there is any.

Most of the time thigh I'd you are meeting them at their house they are pretty you front cause you know where they live.

ghbrewer;1028174 wrote: I have almost been burnt more than once. Luckily I knew what to look for when I went to see the tanks. Most of the time they are all scratched up, chipped, cracked, etc... Not saying you can't find a good deal here or there, but you have to may have to sift through a bunch of junk first.

I've actually bought 4 of my previous tanks off of their, all were fine except one that leaked.

Anyone wanna meet me early Tuesday to go look at / get a tank in akworth so I don't become a craigslist murderee? ;)

Lol I would but I live to far away.
My wife always tells me that is what's going to happen to me one day.
I tell her when I show up in the one that everyone is scared of.
One of my nicknames is Bigfoot.
My appearance is off putting to some, but to each their own.

I am a big guy, but I find that a concealed carry permit provides a decent level of comfort as well...lol

Lol yeah now that you mention it mine runs out this month.

Craziest exp I had with cl wad I ended up on the wrong side of town bugging something and when I entered the house they dead bolted the door! I became very aware after that.

Jamos5790;1028189 wrote: Craziest exp I had with cl wad I ended up on the wrong side of town bugging something and when I entered the house they dead bolted the door! I became very aware after that.

That'll definitely pucker up the ole brown hole...

I have the 5 yr. soooo I'm good a while. Still would rather AVOID conflict by just having another person ha

ghbrewer;1028187 wrote: I am a big guy, but I find that a concealed carry permit provides a decent level of comfort as well...lol
+1 here. Had a few friends who came pretty closer to becoming a statistic if it weren't for bringing a well armed friend :-(

I can throw a rock to Acworth (depending on the address) from my house (also have a permit). What's the address? Just knowing where IN Actworth can tell you something!

Currently I've got 3 items listed and sold over $1,000 on CL this year. When they ring my door bell I open my garage doors and meet them with the item (refridgerator yesterday for $250). Still.... Gotta watch for everything nowadays!

I have bought several from CL. However, there have been a few that I walked away from. As mentioned previously, give it a good look, and fill it with water if it is practical. Good luck!

I have bought and sold there, thanks God I always have met nice people and have myself good deals and have to let go good stuff there too, never have a problem, some people seems like just wanted to waste my time for looking... and looking. .. and watching. .. and asking. ... and finally not pretending to purchase anything, I meant, if I invite you to my house, I expose more than the person who's coming asking for an item, still I had provided close-up pics and deeply described what I was offering so it was not catch, but still, nothing, I guess that people came with empty pockets..
One thing I feel confident about our safety when a person comes to purchase something is our CCTV, it's always helpful to have smiling faces recorded for God knows what it could be wrong, a gun always come in handy.

I think next time I pretend to purchase something through there I'll be more picky :D

Back