Buying tanks craigslist

I'm in Acworth as well and it truly depends on where in a worth you're talking about. If you want to let me know the address I can check out the area.

I got my tank off of CL and got a great deal. Just gotta be careful!

I usually scope out the neighborhood using google maps street view. If it looks a little sketchy i'll bring someone to ride along and let someone else know where I'll be and what time the appointment is. But I've never had a problem with safety thus far.

As far as tanks go. If its empty and its not convenient to fill it, take a hard look at the condition of the seams. I usually count on having to reseal any tank I buy (some I do just to be on the safe side). Resealed a few 55's and a 75 like that back when I was doing freshwater.

Still open for company if someone wants to meet up. Gotta be there 8:30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something about it just didn't feel right. Not that I felt in danger or anything, but something felt off. May be perfectly good,...

I know the feeling I had that happen today when someone came to my door.
And for my to get that it unusual.

SnowManSnow;1028441 wrote: Something about it just didn't feel right. Not that I felt in danger or anything, but something felt off. May be perfectly good,...

Go with the gut feeling always. :) probably a college kid wanting party money. Haha

the only time I've ever bought a tank on Craigslist, it turned out to be a terrarium for lizards and snakes. I filled it with water and it bowed out like a balloon. Not the seller's fault. Like most things, it was my own stupidity. Someone already said it, but it's a simple as knowing what to look for, like glass thickness, support, condition of seals and silicone, etc. I don't think you should stop looking or stop trying, but a lot of folks here can tell you what to look for. In my case, I bought a 40B Terrarium and a stand. It turns out that the stand is a decent aquarium stand and the tank wasn't suited to be used as an aquarium. I paid $50 for the tank and stand, turned around and sold the tank a week later for $55, so I made $5 on the deal and essentially got a free stand.

Good luck!

Also, I forgot to mention that, when dealing with craigslist, it's almost always going to be an adventure. I was seconds away from being bitten by a black widow spider living under the stand. I'm confident I would have been going to the hospital if my girlfriend hadn't spotted it and started screaming. I picked the tank and stand up from some girl's house in Roswell. It was dirty and reeked of pot smoke.. so.. be prepared. :)

I hate CL but use it often since I'm not in Atlanta to use the ARC forum.

I had an amazing adventure a couple of weekends ago over a skimmer that I listed. I explained that I would be in a certain part of Chattanooga for a couple of hours and he agreed to meet me at the plaza I was going to be at. When I was wrapping up my business he wanted me to drive a few miles away to another plaza and adjust the price.

Needless to say I decided to stay put and declined to even meet the person.

Back