Ca and mg

It looks like I am ordering new filters for my Coralife Pureflo 2 rodi. Amazon shows the filters totalling about 110. Is there any reason to stick with the same brand filters or can I use another brand at a much lower cost? ....Or is there a great online site for discount prices?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

That does sound a bit over priced. You should talk to @JennM here. She's one one the site sponsors at http://www.airwaterice.com">Air, Water & Ice</a> I believe. They're local, so you can pick up today or order and have the filters tomorrow.
You might want to look at an dual or triple inline TDS meter too. It'll let you know when the filters are going bad and need replacing before you get anything above zero TDS past the DI.

SaltWaterWannabe;1084840 wrote: The lfs verified my phosphate tests were abiut right. When I got home I hooked up my tds and it read 43 on the outgoing side. It was a few months ago I last checked it at which time it read zero. I flushed it for 5 minutes and it dropped to 11 so I am flushing it for much longer to see what happens.

dan, is that the filter you got from me?

most filters are universal. therefore you get some from BRS for cheaper price

Also, are you at least flushing after every use? You should do it before and after for a couple minutes but after is the most important.

yep, it is the same filter. I will go with a lesser cost membrane if it is nobreal difference in end product

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

anit77;1084863 wrote: Also, are you at least flushing after every use? You should do it before and after for a couple minutes but after is the most important.
I was not flushing but have learned the error of my ways

My second clown must have decided to go looking for his friend....I found him in the same sump chamber as the other clown that doed a few days ago. I was able to safely fish him out, but find it amazing that two clowns decided to jump the same 5 inch srction of a 2 foot long sump wall. Any other location and they would have died before I found them. At least I was able to fish one out

New filters all the way around. Running my first 50 ... say 1 day ... to clear any debris

How do I have all new filters, 0 ppm turbidity, and 0.30 phosphates coming out of my rodi?

sorry to have mixed this in other threads. I replaced all filters, membrane, did a while tank swap for other reasons, numerous massive water changes, phosguard with little effect, then phosnet gfo. I am now at 0.05 phosphates, so while not ideal, I am closing in on good phosphate numbers

432 ca
176 Kh
8.93 Ph
0.05 Phosphates

not quite there, but much better I think

SaltWaterWannabe;1086312 wrote: sorry to have mixed this in other threads. I replaced all filters, membrane, did a while tank swap for other reasons, numerous massive water changes, phosguard with little effect, then phosnet gfo. I am now at 0.05 phosphates, so while not ideal, I am closing in on good phosphate numbers

...and I failed to mention the test issue was due to expired reagent. I now read zero phosphates on my rodi.

If I did not know any better I would say my brain is smiling aftee eating some shrimp. Ir sortof looks like jabba the hut...lol
97e0b36da1c6ff259b4c17975de0becd.jpg
alt="" />

Back